On July 16, 2020 Microsoft 365 Team has announced a new version of SharePoint Framework - v1.11.
It brings additional new features and integrations between SPFx and Microsoft Teams.
But one of the most important announcements (that was well overdue) is the ability to submit SharePoint Framework solutions to the AppSource.
Now any SPFx solution based on v1.11 can be uploaded to the store and available across all tenants. Of course, you should have Partner account to do that.
And I'm happy to announce that Navigator 365 app that we've been working on in Sharepointalist has been successfully published to the AppSource! Few words about the app:
Navigator 365 for Teams & SharePoint displays aggregated content with rich search, grouping, filtering, and layout capabilities. This versatile app works as a SharePoint web part, Microsoft Teams tab, and Microsoft Teams personal app.
With just a few configuration steps, Navigator 365 can showcase documents in a neat and structured way, providing an intranet-friendly experience for the end-users. It can show all documents across the site in a single view, enabling users to locate the right document in a few clicks. Quick and intuitive search and filters help to find that needle in a haystack!
Taxonomy-driven navigation helps customers with complex managed metadata. Retention and sensitivity labels support helps with compliance (see compliance section below).
When using Microsoft Teams, the end-user is always working in the channel's context, essentially creating a silo. The experience is great when you are a member of couple teams with a few channels but quickly degrades to unmanageable, when gaining access to more channels and teams. Accessing documents is even more challenging, as you have to switch to the Files tab within the channel.
Navigator 365 provides the following document-centric capabilities in Microsoft Teams:
- A single place to view/navigate documents across channels, teams, and SharePoint sites.
- Showcase new/updated documents across teams/channels/SharePoint.
- Custom dashboards aggregating across a particular selection of teams/channels/sites.
- Increased data/document discoverability.
- Proactive duplicates detection.
- Taxonomy-driven navigation across documents.
Personal App / Dashboards
Navigator 365 Personal Apps allows creating the personalized private dashboards, enabling users to:
- Quickly aggregate documents across selected teams, channels, and sites, effectively enabling custom "themed" dashboards (i.e., IT dashboard, HR dashboard, "Project X" dashboard, etc.)
- Group data by teams, channels, folders, sites, contributors, managed metadata, and more.
- Immediately see new/updated documents and team contributions.
- Bring data from different Microsoft Teams and SharePoint sites together on one screen.
- Easily discover and navigate through documents across different repositories.
- Search and refine aggregated data.
Navigator 365 enables users to explore classified content (respecting permissions). Filter and group by sensitive info type, sensitivity or retention label to see how many items are classified, where they're stored, and drill down even more to inspect the actual document. With no need for any special permissions or licensing, these capabilities enable departments to review and control their compliance.
As a SharePoint Framework app (SPFx), Navigator 365 works consistently in both Microsoft Teams and SharePoint, providing the same experience on the Team site home page, Microsoft Teams tab, or Teams Personal App.